Get a Taste of Success State-wide Business Pitch Competition Rules:
- Must be enrolled in a California Community College within the last six months to be eligible to participate in the Community College Division.
- Must be enrolled in a California High School to be eligible to participate in the High School Division.
- For the regional competitions, participants must register online at https://smallbusiness.ideator.com, create a profile and upload a two minute Elevator Pitch Video and a 10 slide PowerPoint Pitch describing their business idea by 5:00 pm on April 7th, 2017. The top team from each region in each division will be invited to go on to the statewide competition.
- The submissions will be reviewed (using a scoring rubric) by a team of experts reading the slide content only and not text held within the notes section. Also, please keep slide titles the same since the judges are going to be using a scoring rubric based on each slide.
- The top three teams from across the state for each division will then be invited to give live pitches to a panel of judges and live audiences around the state on May 19th, 2017. Teams will be given ten minutes (2 minute introduction using their elevator pitch video plus 8 minutes live presentation) to pitch their business plan. Following each pitch, there will also be a five minute Q&A session where teams can respond to questions by the panel of judges.
- The Competition Finals will be broadcast live via videoconference to ten regional sites across the state where live audiences will be also have an opportunity to score the pitch presentations.